Our Indianapolis IN Dentist offers Composite & Amalgam Fillings
Dental Fillings have one purpose and that's to prevent or stop cavity infection, but how can you know you need dental fillings? The only person that can identify if you need fillings or not is our Indianapolis IN dentist. However, there are symptoms that give you a heads-up if you're already infected by cavity:
• Toothaches and sharp pains
• A whole in your teeth
• A jagged sensation in a tooth when you slide your tongue on it
Some signs and symptoms are not visible enough for you to identify, and so it's highly recommended to visit Meridian Dentistry every six months. With the help of our team, we'll use these tools to identify cavity infection:
• X-ray: An X-ray helps find the developing cavity on the sides of your teeth
• Laser fluorescence cavity detection tool: These wand-like tools help identify developing cavities in the fissures on top of your molar and premolar teeth
What happens if I get dental fillings on my infected teeth?
If you continue to ignore the symptoms of tooth decay, or if you refuse to get checked, your smile will suffer!
• You'll risk having mouth infections such as gingivitis and gum disease
• Your decaying teeth will continue to rot
• Your tooth decay will expand and the only way to cure is through a root canal extraction
• You'll always feel uncomfortable when eating
What are common dental filling process facts that I need to know?
If you're already thinking of getting a dental filling, see these facts first:
• The procedure won't hurt! Our team may use an anesthetic so that you'll feel comfortable throughout the process
• The process will last around 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the cavity infection
• The dental filling procedure is normally affordable
• Your teeth will feel a bit unusual after the procedure, but the numbing will go away within the same day
Our Indianapolis dentist offers two different types of dental fillings: Composite Fillings and Amalgam Fillings. Contact Meridian Dentistry today by calling (317) 926-5467 to learn which one of these would be the right option for you.